Trying to lose weight can be a frustrating journey, especially when you’re doing “everything right.” It’s clear that there’s a lot more to weight loss than just calories in and calories out, but what are those other dynamics at play?
I’m going to shed some light on the little-known factors that combine to make you gain and keep extra weight, and just a few of the natural solutions you can use to change that and you can start right now.
In this week’s video, I am going to dive deep into the science behind inflammation and why it may be standing in the way of your goals.
Not many people share inflammation as a cause of weight gain, but that is because they don’t understand the science behind it. That is where I come in. Let’s dive in!
As with all of my videos, I want to share with you an amazing free resource that will help you understand and fight inflammation, and ultimately help you hit all your goals.
So what is Inflammation you ask?
Daily consumption of unhealthy, sugary, fat-laden, preservative-filled, high-sodium, and over-processed foods doesn’t make it easy for your body to process the foods and the accompanying toxins well. Our bodies were not made to take in these substances. They start to become a burden, and your body attempts to protect you from the harmful things you’re eating.
You see, your body must prioritize. If it has toxins to deal with, it must first deal with those in order to protect you. If there are too many toxins to deal with at one time, or if there is a “block” in your detoxification system barring your body from quickly flushing these toxins out, your body essentially wraps them up in a safe little package and stores them as fat, to be dealt with at a later time, when it has more energy.
This is a wonderfully efficient system. However, too often the “later” needed to deal with and remove these little packages of toxins (the fat), never arrives! Many times, this occurs because of one thing: inflammation.
What else causes inflammation?
- Environmental factors: Secondhand smoke, pollution, pesticides, heavy metals, chemicals and airborne irritants.
- Stress: Workplace, relationships, personal, or psychological.
- Physical injury: Trauma, infections, fractures, cuts, and abrasions.
- Acute and chronic illness: Excess weight/obesity, heart disease, lupus, arthritis, Celiac Disease, or Crohn’s Disease.
- Genetics: Family history.
How can I prevent inflammation?
There are many things you can do to prevent inflammation.
- Reduce your exposure to the above factors.
- Eat more anti-inflammatory foods such as: blueberries, dark chocolate, green tea, wild-caught salmon, ginger, turmeric, extra virgin olive oil, dark leafy greens, sweet potatoes, and kelp.
- Exercising 3-5 days per week, for at least 30 minutes per session. This helps reduce excess weight, the likelihood of chronic illness, and builds overall wellness. Additionally, exercise-including yoga and meditation-promotes mental clarity and stress reduction.
- This is my GO TO for gut health! Your gut microbiome is the master switch to wellness. Turn it on with one-of-a-kind Axis™ TreBiotic, cutting-edge nutraceutical science that goes beyond gut health with 3-in-1 Microbiome Matrix™ technology. Use Code 4878494 for $10 off!
- Several times a year, its important to make sure all of your pathways are cleansed to remove toxins. Global Healing is my #1 source for Detox Programs made with pure ingredients. The Colon Cleanse Kit will help cleanse your entire intestinal tract of toxins and impacted fecal matter. Use code “Kendall10” for 10% off!
Want to reduce your inflammation and FINALLY lose the excess weight?
Check out my detailed guide specifically targeting inflammation and weight loss! This will help you take an in-depth look into your nutrition and lifestyle so that you can make an impactful change. Click the link below to start feeling better TODAY!
Ready to get to business and change your diet but not sure where to start?
Right now, when you download my FREE Guide to Inflammation you will gain EXCLUSIVE access to a BONUS free resource. Jump start your goals with my 3 day Anti-Inflammatory Meal Plan!
Together with a team of credentialed nutrition professionals and culinary facilitators, I have created Anti-Inflammatory healthy meal plans to help you meet your health goals. All of these delicious recipes are extensively tested and feature whole food ingredients with easy-to-follow directions for people of all cooking levels. Mix and match the recipes in this e-book to create three days of health-promoting meals! Let’s get cooking!