Eliminating or removing toxins from the body is an important thing to do to stay healthy. The body is often full of toxins as a result of an unhealthy lifestyle or unhealthy food consumed. Plus toxins also often enter the body through bad habits such as alcohol consumption and smoking habits.
These toxic substances can damage the soft organs in the body if left unchecked. But the most important fact is that the toxins can weaken the immune system. This means you get sick more often. By removing the toxins the body becomes fresher and healthier and the immune system will be stronger… that means less colds!
Here are the top 5 tips to remove toxins from the body naturally
- Avoid Processed Food Consumption
Fruits, vegetables, lean meats along with whole grains that are not processed should be the food you consume. These foods actually help the body recover and heal from the bad stuff in the body that come in by the junk food you consume. Avoiding processed foods is equal to cutting your excess fat. Sugar content such as fructose syrup is a big no no. Consuming real food from nature will cleanse your body and make you feel more awake and alert.
- Green Tea Consumption
Green tea contains antioxidants that help speed up and facilitate the body’s metabolism. In addition, green tea also effectively hydrates the body and can help prevent infectious diseases such as flu. So rather than sip soft drinks or unhealthy beverages, which have NO nutritional content and do more harm than good, switch to green tea.
Everyone already knows that exercise is healthy for the body. However it is important to remember that sweating during exercise can release toxins from the body. When you exercise, the body sweats out the harmful toxins through your skin. Make sweating through exercise part of your routine. I promise you will feel good when you finish a work out!
- Enough of Water Consumption
Water can flush unwanted toxins by the body. By staying hydrated, you will speed up the process of excretion of toxins from the body. Drinking a lot of water also provides other benefits, such as healthier skin and a slimmer waist.
- Stop Smoking Habits and Alcohol Consumption
Stopping a habit that has been ingrained for a long time is not an easy task. But to get a healthy body free of excess toxins, it may be something you need to consider. Alcohol consumption can affect the performance of the heart. We all know smoking cigarettes contaminates lungs with hazardous substances. The side effects of cigarettes are a no brainer these days. You should immediately reduce and stop this bad habit. It may be hard, but your body will bounce back and you will get healthier.
14 foods that naturally Remove toxins from body
- Cucumber: on average around 95% water, this veggie helps flush out toxins and alkalize the body while delivering a powerful nutrient punch.
- Garlic: stimulates the liver to encourage production of detoxification enzymes.
- Broccoli: delivers a large dose of vitamins while neutralizing and eliminating toxins.
- Lentils: extremely fiber-rich (1 cup cooked has 62.5% of your RDA!), lentils aids in toxin elimination, lower cholesterol, and balance blood sugar.
- Turnip greens: loaded with antioxidants and sulfur-containing nutrients (Without sulfur, the body cannot properly detoxify substances such as pharmaceuticals, environmental toxins and heavy metals), turnip greens also contain phytonutrients called glucosinolates that help activate and regulate detoxification enzymes.
- Sunflower seeds: these little slivers of sunshine are not only high selenium and Vitamin E, but also assist liver’s detoxing capabilities and prevent cholesterol build up in the blood and arteries. Be sure to choose organic as their high fat and oil allows them to easily soak up chemicals used in the production process.
- Walnuts: infuse the body with healthy omega-3 oils to assist detoxification.
- Turmeric: stimulates liver function. (Also a great addition to your diet for all-around health). See my blog post about turmeric.
- Red pepper: when it comes to cleansing, vitamin C is one of the cream of the vitamin crop because it transforms toxins into digestible material. One red pepper contains about 3 times more vitamin C than an orange.
- Citrus fruits.
- Grapefruit: a class of its own, grapefruit lowers cholesterol, prevents kidney stones and aids the digestive system, which set it apart from the other citrus fruits.
- Watercress: keeps free radicals away from cells, energizes cleaning enzymes in the liver and is a natural diuretic.
- Mung beans: used by Ayurvedic doctors for thousands of years, this easily digestible bean absorbs toxic residue from the intestinal walls.
- Artichokes: chock-full of cynarin, which increases bile production and promotes healthy digestion.